Unanswered posts

Those nice to know things about your DSLR will be found here. How to do this, and why you probably should not do that.

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Unanswered posts

Postby stubbsy on Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:37 am

I did something I don't normally do today. I clicked the "View unanswered posts" link in the Profile area in the top left of the home screen.

I got 161 matches. Many are unanswered because they don't need to be, but there were some I'd just plain missed.

Maybe you should try it some time.

And as an aside to Leigh & Gary - how are you going to handle all the stale stuff like ebay bids closing soon etc?
Peter
Disclaimer: I know nothing about anything.
*** smugmug galleries: http://www.stubbsy.smugmug.com ***
stubbsy

Re: Unanswered posts

Postby gstark on Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:51 am

Peter,

stubbsy wrote:And as an aside to Leigh & Gary - how are you going to handle all the stale stuff like ebay bids closing soon etc?

I'm not sure I understand the question. Could you please expand on this a little? Are you referring to stuff like dead links that would remain embedded in old posts?

or ... :?:
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby Nnnnsic on Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:14 am

I think you answered it yourself, stubbsy.

Any person who actually uses eBay knows that the auctions rarely go over a week... so if the post dates are old... people should... "should"... be smart enough to figure out that a post dating from way back when probably doesn't work for the auction in question anymore.
Producer & Editor @ GadgetGuy.com.au
Contributor for fine magazines such as PC Authority and Popular Science.
Nnnnsic
I'm a jazz singer... so I know what I'm doing

Postby stubbsy on Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:18 am

Sorry Gary. I meant threads that have reached their "use by" date which, presumably take up space and add overhead.

What I mean is posts that are out of date like this one or this one and perhaps even ones like this for example.
Peter
Disclaimer: I know nothing about anything.
*** smugmug galleries: http://www.stubbsy.smugmug.com ***
stubbsy

Postby Nnnnsic on Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:34 am

We'll gradually move things like that to the archive, but the overhead it takes up isn't that big of a deal yet.
Producer & Editor @ GadgetGuy.com.au
Contributor for fine magazines such as PC Authority and Popular Science.
Nnnnsic
I'm a jazz singer... so I know what I'm doing

Return to Tips and tricks