BGLOD

Forum rules and nettiquette, along with other items of general interest.

Important information about this forum is contained here, and members MUST familiarise themselves with the posts here, as well as what is contained within the FAQ.

Please do not complain if you ask a question regarding a topic covered here or in the FAQ and in response you get a rather brusque, obtuse or sarcastic response. We get sick and tired of answering the same questions, day in, day out, when the answers are clearly published, in plain view, and all that is required is for you to open your eyes and read them!

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Postby Geoff on Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:28 pm

sirhc55 wrote:Great Geoff - when you collect it and they give you the D70 just tell them that they have made a mistake and you want your D2X :P

In my dreams :)
You know - I'm going to do this, as a joke - I will tell you what happens - would love to take a hidden cam :)
Geoff
Special Moments Photography
Nikon D700, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 70-200 2.8VR, SB800 & some simple studio stuff.
Geoff

Postby gleff on Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:25 pm

birddog114 wrote:
Geoff wrote:Hmmm...I know this is a warranty issue, but checked on the maxwell site today to find this..anyone got a clue? Of course I checked after business hours...doh! :)

Job No.: XXXXXX Name: Geoff Yates
Arrived: 24 Mar 2006 Status: COSTING REQUIRD
Finished: 19 Apr 2006
Details: Green flashing light
Equipment: d70

They always appeared like that, even on their SMS.
Go back to bed and sleep well :lol: :lol:

Geez.. with a status of 'Costing Requird' it's no wonder people panic. Having said that, at least i'm forwarned :) I just noticed my status has changed as of today from 'Inspection Rqrd' to 'In Progress'. If it's in progress, is it still likely to be another couple of weeks? I only dropped it into Maxwells 1.5 weeks ago.

Geoff
http://www.gleff.com

Postby Geoff on Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:59 pm

gleff wrote:
birddog114 wrote:
Geoff wrote:Hmmm...I know this is a warranty issue, but checked on the maxwell site today to find this..anyone got a clue? Of course I checked after business hours...doh! :)

Job No.: XXXXXX Name: Geoff Yates
Arrived: 24 Mar 2006 Status: COSTING REQUIRD
Finished: 19 Apr 2006
Details: Green flashing light
Equipment: d70

They always appeared like that, even on their SMS.
Go back to bed and sleep well :lol: :lol:

Geez.. with a status of 'Costing Requird' it's no wonder people panic. Having said that, at least i'm forwarned :) I just noticed my status has changed as of today from 'Inspection Rqrd' to 'In Progress'. If it's in progress, is it still likely to be another couple of weeks? I only dropped it into Maxwells 1.5 weeks ago.

Geoff

Geoff, mine said 'in progress' for about a week. Good luck. Just got back with my D70 - all good. AND they were able to give me a replacement part for my SB-800 - the little rubber seal thingy that covers the battery extension pack cord when not in use - I lost it ages ago, and thought I'd just ask them if they had any...they do and are going to mail them out to me, when they find them :).
Geoff
Geoff

Postby sirhc55 on Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:18 pm

Geoff - your twins are back together again :lol: :lol: :lol:
Chris
--------------------------------
I started my life with nothing and I’ve still got most of it left
sirhc55
Key Member

Postby Geoff on Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:23 pm

sirhc55 wrote:Geoff - your twins are back together again :lol: :lol: :lol:

They are indeed Chris, very happy to have them both back together, well in time before a wedding I'm shooting next week end too :D
Geoff
Geoff

Postby Mj on Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:51 pm

Received a msg on my phone on Tuesday... all ready to go.. cost $0.00.. please ring to organise payment.

Sounds like a fair cost but I won't get over there till Monday. Might even give me enough time to submit a SP for this month !!!
Mj

Postby Frankenstein on Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:16 pm

Frankenstein wrote:My D70 died last Sunday. Took it in personally to Maxwells on Tuesday at 9am - they quoted about 4 weeks (the guy on the phone on Monday quoted 15-20 working days). And it's covered by warranty.
When I told them I need the camera by May 12 for a photographic/photoshop weekend, they noted it on the job sheet and said they may be able to push it through a bit.
We shall see.

Picked up my D70 today (received email from Maxwells yesterday) - that's a 17 day turnaround, including a weekend plus the Easter long weekend, which is pretty good in my books. They replaced the faulty AE sensor CCD, cleaned the CCD (my single dust bunny is GONE!), and I think they may have fixed my slight back focus problem. And all for no charge.

One satisfied customer here (except for the fact that the camera died in the first place). Thank you Maxwells.

Frank
My photo gallery: http://www.frankalvaro.net
>>>> Nikon D300...Nikon 18-200 VR...Sigma 10-20...Tamron 90mm macro <<<<
"I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about. " Peter Griffin
Frankenstein

Postby cordy on Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:26 pm

Well well well, looks like I may be suffering the wonderfull blogd symptons now. Was out at the airport this afternoon, happily shooting away when one shot fired off, pressed the shutter down for another and nothing happened.

Hmmm.. Looked at the camera, didnt notice anything wrong. Pressed the shutter again, nothing. Tried to turn the camera off, denied! Had to pull the battery out to turn it off. Put the battery back in, flashing green light. Crap!

So, drove home and let the camera sit for a while. Turned the camera back on not long ago, all seems well. Hmmm again. Looks like my camera will be off to Maxwell's in the near future ie tomorrow. That murphy bastard has struck again, I need my camera next week to do a shoot which I am travelling for.

Purchased the D70 in March 2004, guess it was one of the fantastic early batch.

Chris
cordy

Postby gleff on Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:36 pm

Woohoo!

Just noticed this on the service status page re my repair.

Arrived: 11 Apr 2006 Status: COSTING REQUIRD
Finished: 27 Apr 2006

That didn't take as long as I expected. Let's just hope all is okay when I pick it up. Either tomorrow arvo or on Monday.

Geoff

Postby gleff on Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:52 am

I just had another look and my status has now changed to 'PAYMENT REQUIRD'.

I assume this isn't normal if it's a BGLOD issue? I just want to make sure if they intend on charging me that they're not taking me for a ride. Eg. it's not a BGLOD after all.

I'll ring them shortly to find out what's going on.

Postby birddog114 on Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:54 am

gleff wrote:I just had another look and my status has now changed to 'PAYMENT REQUIRD'.

I assume this isn't normal if it's a BGLOD issue? I just want to make sure if they intend on charging me that they're not taking me for a ride. Eg. it's not a BGLOD after all.

That's their normal "stupid" message. Ignore it!
Come to Maxwell with a baseball bat in your car boot, just incase!
Be brave and courage! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Birddog114
VNAF, My Beloved Country and Airspace
birddog114

Postby gleff on Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:08 am

birddog114 wrote:
gleff wrote:I just had another look and my status has now changed to 'PAYMENT REQUIRD'.

That's their normal "stupid" message. Ignore it!
Come to Maxwell with a baseball bat in your car boot, just incase!
Be brave and courage! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cool.. thanks Birddog. I actually just got an email not 2 minutes ago saying 'The repairs to your equipment have been completed at no charge to you', so needless to say, i'm very happy. I'll see my baby this arvo :) BTW people, i'm probably going to the PIW tomorrow, but not the minimeet hence my lack of notification form, so I may bump into some of you :)

Postby olrac on Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:00 am

As luck would have it.....

I have not had a chance to take any photos for a month then I lent my camera to my brother last night,

Today he rings me and saya the little light on the back wont stop blinking and he can only take shots in manual mode...

anyway the moral of the story is dont lend your camera to anyone and the D70 is a vindictive bastard when left in the camera bag too long.
olrac

Postby birddog114 on Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:03 am

olrac wrote:
anyway the moral of the story is dont lend your camera to anyone and the D70 is a vindictive bastard when left in the camera bag too long.

Your D70 is getting upset due to your lacking of hugging and loving it everyday :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Birddog114
birddog114

Postby olrac on Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:07 am

Has anyone in Melb used Camera Clinic in collingwood for their BGLOD problems?
olrac

Postby pl55 on Tue May 02, 2006 9:38 pm

It's my turn now :-( . Just mucking around with my camera tonight, and the metering is eratic and then press the shutter botton - Nothing happen. look at the back , and the green light keep blinking !!!!!!. I hope Maxwell will not charge me for the BLOGD. not happy Jan !!!! Yes early batch April 2004.
pl55

Postby birddog114 on Tue May 02, 2006 9:42 pm

pl55 wrote:It's my turn now :-( . Just mucking around with my camera tonight, and the metering is eratic and then press the shutter botton - Nothing happen. look at the back , and the green light keep blinking !!!!!!. I hope Maxwell will not charge me for the BLOGD. not happy Jan !!!! Yes early batch April 2004.

pl55,
Hope it'll be OK after returning from Maxwell, they will fix it for you free, don't worry too much.
My thoughts was: you left it alone too long and it's getting BLOGD :lol: and it's your faults :lol: maybe.
Birddog114
birddog114

Postby pl55 on Tue May 02, 2006 9:53 pm

Thanks for your support Birddog :) When I return the camera to Maxwell tommorrow - Do I post just the camera or should I incl. the battery, CF card, lens and the original D70 box ?????. BTW, should I ring them first to get a job number or just send the Item ( I've lost the original receipt) - But it's an Aust/Maxwell stock. Do you have the Maxwell's address so I can post the camera. Many thanks.
pl55

Postby gstark on Tue May 02, 2006 10:00 pm

Just go in; no need to call.

Just the camera and a body cap. No battery, no strap, no CF card. Less for them to lose

Bring your battery witrh you, btw, they'll check it to see if it's under the battery recall.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby Zeeke on Tue May 02, 2006 10:04 pm

I had a nervous moment yesterday.. went out yesterday.. took D70 with me, while sitting in the car, decided to take a couple of shots.. get off 5 or 6.. then it'd start flashing CHA... which i couldnt do.. so i turned it off, turned it back on then formatted the card..

Turned it off.. then back on, few more shots.. then it when CHA... but then it wouldnt turn off. it'd stay on.. and the green light would stay solid.. nothing would work.. so dropped the battery out... back in.. and it turned on... and been working ok so far since...

Tim
D70 - D200/MBD200 Coming soon - Too Much Gear, Not Enough Talent

My Site: http://www.digitalstill.net
My Fishing Site: http://www.fishseq.com
Zeeke

Postby pl55 on Tue May 02, 2006 10:06 pm

Unfortunately I'm in Canberra - and the nearest Maxwell Service center is at Lidcombe - so I have to post the camera to them then. Oh well - where's my Panasonic FZ7 I bought it 3 weeks ago. :wink: ......
pl55

Postby stubbsy on Tue May 02, 2006 10:10 pm

Zeeke wrote:I had a nervous moment yesterday.. went out yesterday.. took D70 with me, while sitting in the car, decided to take a couple of shots.. get off 5 or 6.. then it'd start flashing CHA... which i couldnt do.. so i turned it off, turned it back on then formatted the card..

Turned it off.. then back on, few more shots.. then it when CHA... but then it wouldnt turn off. it'd stay on.. and the green light would stay solid.. nothing would work.. so dropped the battery out... back in.. and it turned on... and been working ok so far since...

Tim

Tim

My experience is CHA is an indicator your CF card is on the way out. I've had that problem for the last month or 2 with a particular Lexar 80x WA CF Card and only with that card. CHA, camera locks, turn back on and see "Image Contains No Data". The card has now gone to a good home.
Peter
Disclaimer: I know nothing about anything.
*** smugmug galleries: http://www.stubbsy.smugmug.com ***
stubbsy

Postby daniel_r on Tue May 02, 2006 11:04 pm

stubbsy wrote: The card has now gone to a good home.

eBay?
D.
Daniel_R's Flickr gallery
I shoot with Nikon stuff.
daniel_r

Postby Zeeke on Tue May 02, 2006 11:18 pm

Bugger.. thats all I need.. a 2month old Transcend 80x 2gig card to be on the way out..

Tim

Zeeke

Postby birddog114 on Wed May 03, 2006 7:14 am

pl55 wrote:Unfortunately I'm in Canberra - and the nearest Maxwell Service center is at Lidcombe - so I have to post the camera to them then. Oh well - where's my Panasonic FZ7 I bought it 3 weeks ago. :wink: ......

pl55,

Their address is:

Maxwell Optical Industries Pty Ltd
Unit F1, Lidcombe Business Park
3-29 Birnie Ave.
Lidcombe NSW 2141
Tel: 1800 810 259
Good luck!
Birddog114
birddog114

Postby birddog114 on Wed May 03, 2006 7:20 am

Zeeke wrote:Bugger.. thats all I need.. a 2month old Transcend 80x 2gig card to be on the way out..

Tim

CHA is not only the problem from the CF card but also with the camera CF interface and it may just happened once, if it's continuing with the problem, try another CF card. BTW, Transcend card comes with 5 years warranty at least!.
For more than 16 months now, I haven't got any returning of Transcend CF card nor any fault report.
Perhaps it's time to try it on Michael's D200!
Birddog114
birddog114

Postby Heath Bennett on Wed May 03, 2006 8:08 am

Yeah Transcend cards have been the most reliable for me. Neither of my 2GB ones have failed while a friends Ultra II's have had problems.
HB
Heath Bennett

Postby Zeeke on Wed May 03, 2006 9:58 am

I tried my other CF cards in it... ive got 2 Transcend 2gig cards and 1 Silicon Power CF card...

I'll have to wait a couple of months, then i'll try it in my own D200... Just waiting for it to come into the shop...

Tim

Zeeke

Another one...

Postby Driver on Wed May 17, 2006 7:13 pm

Urgh!

Yesterday, connected the camera to the PC, turned the camera, Windows chimes and tells me the connection failed. Tried again, same problem.

Look at camera, BGLoD!

Dropped it off at Maxwells the same day and will be a four week (minimum) wait. Thankfully at no cost.

Oh well, time to finish of the roll that is in the F601.
Driver

Re: Another one...

Postby gleff on Wed May 17, 2006 8:47 pm

Driver wrote:Urgh!

Yesterday, connected the camera to the PC, turned the camera, Windows chimes and tells me the connection failed. Tried again, same problem.

Look at camera, BGLoD!

Dropped it off at Maxwells the same day and will be a four week (minimum) wait. Thankfully at no cost.

They quoted me 4 weeks as well, but it actually only took 15 days and that was with 3 public holidays thrown in as well.

Geoff

Re: Another one...

Postby birddog114 on Wed May 17, 2006 8:55 pm

gleff wrote:
Driver wrote:Urgh!

Look at camera, BGLoD!

They quoted me 4 weeks as well, but it actually only took 15 days and that was with 3 public holidays thrown in as well.

Geoff

Probably, they didn't fix yours 100%, only 50% done! and it'll be returned soon :lol: :lol: :lol:
Birddog114
birddog114

Postby Killakoala on Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:17 pm

Murphy's law.

I just sold my D70 after i had it repaired after the BGLOD fault.

Then, the day i arrived in Dili, my D2H metering died. BUGGER!!!!

Oh well, at least it still works in manual mode so i can still shoot images.

I'm still looking for that 'Pulitzer Prize' winning image.
Steve.
|D700| D2H | F5 | 70-200VR | 85 1.4 | 50 1.4 | 28-70 | 10.5 | 12-24 | SB800 |
Website-> http://www.stevekilburn.com
Leeds United for promotion in 2014 - Hurrah!!!
Killakoala

Postby Nnnnsic on Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:21 pm

That sucks.

But now you get to shoot like an "artist".

Welcome to the crap life. :lol:
Producer & Editor @ GadgetGuy.com.au
Contributor for fine magazines such as PC Authority and Popular Science.
Nnnnsic
I'm a jazz singer... so I know what I'm doing

Postby Killakoala on Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:25 pm

The histogram is proving itself very valuable :)

At least now i can understand 'Robert Capa'. :)
Steve.
|D700| D2H | F5 | 70-200VR | 85 1.4 | 50 1.4 | 28-70 | 10.5 | 12-24 | SB800 |
Website-> http://www.stevekilburn.com
Leeds United for promotion in 2014 - Hurrah!!!
Killakoala

Postby BBJ on Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:27 pm

Well while shooting at Zoo yesterday with Fozzie and BigV the D70 had a heart attack and a bad case of the BLGOD, so it eventualy came good but thought while i was up here i would take it to mre Nikon man to send away. Been waiting for it but yeh, at long last has happened.
D3,D2x,D70,18-70 kit lens,Sigma 70-200mm F2.8EX HSM,Nikon AF-I 300m F2.8, TC20E 2X
80-400VR,SB800,Vosonic X Drive,VP6210 40
http://www.oz-images.com
BBJ

Postby BBJ on Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:36 pm

Well got my D70 back today, all fixed and looking like new again thanks to Maxwells. Good to have a back up again not that i have needed it lately as been getting the health sorted out so yeh good to have it back.
D3,D2x,D70,18-70 kit lens,Sigma 70-200mm F2.8EX HSM,Nikon AF-I 300m F2.8, TC20E 2X
BBJ

Postby the foto fanatic on Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:40 pm

Glad to hear your backup camera is back.
Hope your health continues to improve too.
TFF (Trevor)
My History Blog: Your Brisbane: Past & Present
My Photo Blog: The Foto Fanatic
Nikon stuff!
the foto fanatic

Postby BBJ on Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:31 pm

Thanks Trevor, all is going well so will give the D70 ma run on Saturday at bike ride day if not too wet.
BBJ

Postby BBJ on Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:14 am

Well after getting my D70 back from service man in Adelaide which had come back from Maxwells seem the onboard flash is no go, dont do jack so looks like another trip.
BBJ

Postby Onyx on Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:58 am

Ouch, sorry to hear that John. Must be frustrating having to get your camera sent away time and again...
Onyx

Postby digitor on Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:00 am

BBJ wrote:Well after getting my D70 back from service man in Adelaide which had come back from Maxwells seem the onboard flash is no go, dont do jack so looks like another trip.

I can't find the post, but I seem to recall that this isn't the first time that somebody's flash stopped working after a service by Maxwells! Anybody else remember that?

Cheers
What's another word for "thesaurus"?
digitor

Previous

Return to Information