New guy question

Forum rules and nettiquette, along with other items of general interest.

Important information about this forum is contained here, and members MUST familiarise themselves with the posts here, as well as what is contained within the FAQ.

Please do not complain if you ask a question regarding a topic covered here or in the FAQ and in response you get a rather brusque, obtuse or sarcastic response. We get sick and tired of answering the same questions, day in, day out, when the answers are clearly published, in plain view, and all that is required is for you to open your eyes and read them!

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

New guy question

Postby chewlinyip on Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:51 am

Hi guys. Sorry if this is a stupid question.

I found this site through my smugmug account of which i'm trialing. In it there is a dSLr community of which this website was linked, and there are many photos.

My question is - how are these related? If i post my pictures on that community website on smug mug do they show up anywhere here?

thanx BTW feel free to browse my photos and comment ! chew.smugmug.com
chewlinyip

Re: New guy question

Postby Glen on Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:54 am

Welcome Chewyinlip, the Smugmug group is made up of members from here with Smugmug accounts, it was created so they could easily find each other (I have forgotten by whom, maybe Stubbsy, Sheepie, ?). Images posted there don't automatically appear here.
http://wolfeyes.com.au Tactical Torches - Tactical Flashlights Police torch rechargeable torch military torch police military HID surefire flashlight LED torch tactical torch rechargeable wolf eyes flashlight surefire torch wolf eyes tactical torchpolice torch
Thank You
Glen

Postby chewlinyip on Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:07 am

thanx Glen.

I"m pleasantly surprised to find a predominently Australian forum on photography!
chewlinyip

Postby sheepie on Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:17 am

Glen's pretty much right. Way back when smugmug first started their communities, we (well, actually I) set up the dslrusers one there as a link to our site here. It's intended as a collection of users from here with smugmug accounts, although not everyone in there is here (if you follow me 8) ).

Nice to know that people are finding our site through that community :) - oh, and welcome :)
*** When getting there is half the fun! ***
sheepie
Key Member

Location: Picnic Point, Sydney Australia *** Nikon D200/D70 ***

Postby Glen on Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:20 am

Thanks for clarifying Sheepie :D One of the nice things here Chewlinyip is that as well as a welcoming forum we also meet in the flesh, which opens up a raft of opportunities
http://wolfeyes.com.au Tactical Torches - Tactical Flashlights Police torch rechargeable torch military torch police military HID surefire flashlight LED torch tactical torch rechargeable wolf eyes flashlight surefire torch wolf eyes tactical torchpolice torch
Thank You
Glen

Postby chewlinyip on Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:26 am

yeh thats awesome !!

i'd definately be looking out for the next melbourne meet up. get some helpful tips on how to improve my pictures!

and sheepie, kudos on the smug.mug community! wouldn't have found this place without it
chewlinyip

Postby nawaz on Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:33 pm

So what happens if you take that video while you're here on holidays, you then put it on youtube when you get back home, can you get sued outside of Australia?
Nawaz
nawaz

Return to Information