Forbidden Error

Forum rules and nettiquette, along with other items of general interest.

Important information about this forum is contained here, and members MUST familiarise themselves with the posts here, as well as what is contained within the FAQ.

Please do not complain if you ask a question regarding a topic covered here or in the FAQ and in response you get a rather brusque, obtuse or sarcastic response. We get sick and tired of answering the same questions, day in, day out, when the answers are clearly published, in plain view, and all that is required is for you to open your eyes and read them!

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Forbidden Error

Postby thelastname on Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:40 pm

When trying to access this sight I get the following error...

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Now I only get this problem on my fixed broadband service. I have tried both my pc and laptop on the fixed broadband with no luck using both IE and Firefox.

I then tried my laptop on my Telstra nextgen with my mobile, and have been sucessful doing it this way. As i'm using it now.

The only thing that I can see causing the problem is maybe my IP has been banned. If so then why? My IP address is 203.153.218.28

Does any one know if this is it or is it something else?
thelastname

Postby gstark on Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:04 pm

That will be something in my .htaccess file, where I have a number of specific IPs banned. It will ban any http access from your public IP, regardless of the browser in use.

Please let me know the public IP address that was in use for that attempted connection, who your ISP is, and whther you use a static or dynamic IP.

Thanx.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby thelastname on Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:22 pm

Public IP : 202.153.218.28
ISP : Westvic Broadband
IP is Static

Thank you
thelastname

Postby gstark on Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:04 pm

Please check your PM in a coupel of minutes ...

:)
g.
Gary Stark
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby Onyx on Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:47 pm

Gary, since you're in a problem fixing mood, I can't access PM.

I get an error msg -

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare localservername() (previously declared in /home/.endora/gstark/dslrusers.net/mycommon.php:29) in /home/.endora/gstark/dslrusers.net/mycommon.php on line 27
Onyx

Postby gstark on Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:52 pm

Chi,

Are yu still seeing this error?

That looked like a buffering problem that may have occurred when that file was being loaded.
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Postby gstark on Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:53 pm

Ok ... I'm seeing this now too ...
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Postby gstark on Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:00 am

Sorted.

It was a circular reference that I had created in trying to address a different issue. Both fixed.

I hope.
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Postby Onyx on Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:28 pm

Thanks Gary. Wow, looking at the timestamps - within 5 mins of my post, you had acknowledged the issue and went about fixing it. ...and then it took me 4 days before my return visit, to see everything had been sorted!

Howzat for the total opposite of incompetence in the admin team?!
Onyx

Return to Information