Narooma Blues and Rockabilly Festival

This section is for members who wish to post notifications of updates to their personal galleries. Please note that as the initial you may <b>only</b> include a link to your gallery - you may not, and you must not, include any images. That is where the fun begins: other members may then click on your link, and if they particularly like an image from your gallery, then <b>they</b> may post the link to your image, from your gallery, along with reasons as to why they like the image. <i>Image critiquing is NOT permitted in this section, and images posted within this section are not considered for PotW. Posts made in this section will be excluded from the "Recent Posts" section on the front page, which means that you will need to actively seek posts here. This section will also prune itself, with stale topics being removed 14 days after the most recent post being made.<i>

Moderator: Moderators

Narooma Blues and Rockabilly Festival

Postby Murray Foote on Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:58 pm

Here are some images from Narooma Blues Festival 2008, at the long weekend in early October.

There are 22 images on this page and also a "Top 100" folder.

As well as that there are folders by Band. There are 222 images in these folders so I don't expect people to go through all of them but some may be interested in specific bands.
- These include: Ali Penney & the Violators, The Audreys, Backsliders, Big Jay McNeely, Blues Empress Ladies Review, Brian Cadd & Billy Wilde, Dallas Frasca, Grant Warmsley’s Agents of Peace, Jimmy Thackery & the Drivers, Jo-Jo Zep & the Falcons, Lemon Squeezing Daddies, Pete Murray, Rick Estrin & the Nightcats, Smokin’ Joe Kubek & Bnois King, Others (6 images or less, including: Adam Hall & the Velvet playboys, Adam Hole & Margie Curran, Atomic Hightones, Blue Shaddy, Chase the Sun, Crawfish Dave, Alcohol Tent/ Crowd, Pat Capocci Combo, Doc Spann & Ross Williams, James Southwell, Pete Cornelius & Devilles, Straight 8s, The Firebird, The Fuelers and Toni Childs) and Finale.

I think I missed two or three of the bands, mainly because they were on "first thing" in the morning.

Regards,
Murray
Murray Foote

Re: Narooma Blues and Rockabilly Festival

Postby biggerry on Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:48 pm

There are some awesome pictures there - you should be proud, especially considering the 3months PP time! , you must be loving that D3 now...perfect for this kind of photography..

this one is great! I certianly would not mess with her tho :D
Blues Empress USA Ladies Review (Diunna Greenleaf) _MRF2985.jpg

Also another good one, but what on earth is that instrument (yes.. I am un-educated in this department)
The Audreys _MRF3399.jpg
gerry's photography journey
No amount of processing will fix bad composition - trust me i have tried.
biggerry

Postby Murray Foote on Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:08 pm

Thanks Gerry

Yes, it's a whole new world with hardly any noise (in the images, that is, though I do wear earplugs most of the time too).

I don't know what the instrument is called either but it must be a kind of accordion that you blow into rather than a "squeeze box".

One interesting thing is that all the shots were taken with primes, and 83% with the Nikon 180mm f2.8 AF D. I do have some zooms but I'm not currently using them.

Regards,
Murray
Murray Foote

Postby biggerry on Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:18 pm

hardly any noise

ahh yes...in both respects that is a good thing....probably stating the bleeding obvious here but, that was the biggest difference between the two galleries I looked at (and the sharpness in some). I imagine that 180 f2.8 would be handy at these kind of gigs, some the pictures it seems you are right next to the stage!

Whilst I did not look through every image, I quite enjoyed the ones I looked at and will come back for sure :up:
biggerry

Postby big pix on Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:40 pm

some very nice images you have there :mrgreen: ...... so when next in Narooma look me up if you have time :lol: ...... or maybe a mini meet
Cheers ....bp....
Difference between a good street photographer and a great street photographer....
Removing objects that do not belong...
happy for the comments, but
.....Please DO NOT edit my image.....
http://bigpix.smugmug.com Forever changing
big pix

Postby Murray Foote on Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:05 pm

Thanks Gerry again and Bernie

Bernie, I'll be down in Narooma for the next Festival in October. I will probably also be having an exibition (of these images) in Mogo at that time. I'm still working so I'm not sure whether I'll get down there before that.

I was also down in Narooma some months ago with members of the Canberra Photographic Society at a two-day workshop with Heide Smith. That was both a creative challenge and a deonstration of many useful things.

I had a quick look at some of the images on your site. I particularly liked the posterised boat and some of the images of sea eagles.

Regards,

Murray
Murray Foote

Postby Murray Foote on Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:22 pm

biggerry wrote:Also another good one, but what on earth is that instrument (yes.. I am un-educated in this department)
The Audreys _MRF3399.jpg

Apparently it a melodion
Murray Foote

Postby Murray Foote on Fri May 15, 2009 5:47 pm

If you go to the web site for this year's festival, my images appear on the pages. Generally one to a page, twelve in all.

Regards,
Murray
Murray Foote

Postby biggerry on Fri May 15, 2009 8:16 pm

If you go to the web site for this year's festival, my images appear on the pages

awesome stuff, I would expect nothing less from those pictures Murray :up: :up:
biggerry

Postby Murray Foote on Fri May 15, 2009 8:59 pm

Thanks very much, Gerry.
Murray Foote

Postby Murray Foote on Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:16 pm

Here is an initial selection of images (36 in all) from the last Narooma Blues and Rockabilly Festival in October 2009. (Last in more ways than one as it's moving to Bateman's Bay).

Murray Foote

Postby biggerry on Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:50 pm

Nice stuff again Murray! I like the ones of Blue King Brown and Xavier Fudd :lol: mainly since I am familiar with them!

You have some very nice backgrouns for those shots, for example Pugsley Buzzard | MRF_9264-Edit.jpg has an awesome tone and colour in the backdrop, you would not do better in a studio!
biggerry

Postby Murray Foote on Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:44 pm

Thanks, Gerry

I didn't time it well for Blue King Brown and was only able to get a few shots of the band as a whole. For Xavier Rudd, the crowd was large and dense and the shots of him were taken at 300mm from a distance.

The light looked great for Pugsley Buzzard Watering Can (to give him his full name) when I sat down for a quick bite to eat. By the time I got up to take photos, the smoke machine was off and it wasn't the same. So I asked the lights person to turn it on again and that made all the difference.
Murray Foote

Return to Gallery Updates