O well!!!!!!!!!!!

Have your say on issues related to using a DSLR camera.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

O well!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Raydar on Sat Oct 09, 2004 3:00 pm

>> All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism<<
Raydar

Postby bago100 on Sat Oct 09, 2004 3:55 pm

Hi Raydar

Is it dry in Lismore like it here in beautiful Brisbane? *pray for rain folks*

Anyway, I feel a bit of sympathy for the Canon programmers though.

These day's there is too much pressure to get too many things done and there is never enough time to do it.

Oh well, back to watering the garden :D

Cheers

Graham
bago100

Postby Raydar on Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:44 pm

Yeah mate dry as a bone!!!! :(

That’s the way things are going, you would think the manufactures would spend a bit more time testing this type of thing before releasing it. Microsoft is a prime example.
I’m just hoping; for all the people that had there cams stuffed by the DSLR race had the problem resolved as quick as possible.
It’s a sad thing to see :( :?

Cheers
Ray
>> All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism<<
Raydar

Postby Dargan on Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:32 pm

I have seen comments elsewhere not to connect the D70 to a PC. I have not been able to track down a satisfactory answer. This is difficult to achieve if you want to use Capture 4 and time lapse photos. Is there some reason apart from the obvious virus one that you more experienced posters know of or a URL reference that would expand on this issue? Thanks :)
In the end we know Nothing, but in the meantime Learn like crazy.
Your Camera Does Matter Nikon D70 D200 D300
PPOK
Dargan

Postby Glen on Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:25 pm

Dargan, have seen comments about not using the d70 as a card reader so as not to wear out batteries, connections, etc and to use a card reader instead. Are these the comments you are talking about? I would agree with that but otherwise don't think there is a large concern with using the d70 via capture.

ps a card reader is $20 a D70 is $2,000 so that is the reason for the first comments
Glen

Postby birddog114 on Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:35 pm

Glen wrote:Dargan, have seen comments about not using the d70 as a card reader so as not to wear out batteries, connections, etc and to use a card reader instead. Are these the comments you are talking about? I would agree with that but otherwise don't think there is a large concern with using the d70 via capture.

ps a card reader is $20 a D70 is $2,000 so that is the reason for the first comments

and 2-6 weeks waiting for available parts if the D70 should go to Lidcombe
Birddog114
VNAF, My Beloved Country and Airspace
birddog114

Return to General Discussion