Interested in forum members' experience and interests

Have your say on issues related to using a DSLR camera.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Postby genji on Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:09 pm

thought i would add about my interest in photography...
i first started photography in high school in yr 10, bw stuff. i didnt have a camera of my own, but the teacher lent me the schools equipment. and since the school paid for the paper & film, it was fun for a while.
but after that year was over and the teacher moved, i no longer had a camera to play with.
in 2nd yr uni bough myself a FE and a 50mm. also had a 24 and 135, all used pj equipment, dirt cheap less than $100 each. i upgraded to a F4s when the FE died.
I would only take the camera when on holiday, but now its a different story.
to me photography is a personal persuit, a creative outlet that does not involve justification. my primary interest are people and their enviroment.
I'm currently engaged, come november, my life as i know it would be changed forever...
[every man's work is always a portrait of himself.
Ansel Adams, Carmel, California, 1979]
genji

Postby OzzieGirl on Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:19 pm

I'm also a newbie to the forum. I've had a bit of an interest in photography since high school.
One of my main hobbies is cars and motorsport. I also have an interest in web design and enjoy writing.

A couple of years ago, I landed my dream job as web journalist for a V8Supercar team. Part of the job requirement was to take photos, to accompany the articles that I wrote. I used a Sony F707, which was quite a good camera at the time (although pretty slow for taking track shots). This was the beginning of my passion for photography.

After having a play with a friends' D70, I was amazed at the quality of the photos produced by this camera. I knew I had to buy a Nikon in my step up to DSLR's. :D
OzzieGirl

Postby Marvin on Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:02 am

Hi guys,
Thanks for all the replies. It makes very interesting reading. We have so much experience here!
Marvin
Nikon D7000
Marvin

Previous

Return to General Discussion