POTW -3-Jan-2018

Each week, one of the moderators or administrators selects an image that, for whatever reason, catches their eye. Please feel free to add your comments here. Vigorous discussion of the images and techniques is welcome and encouraged. Criticism of any mod for their choice is not. Please note that this is "Picture of the Week"; do not confuse that with "best picture of the week", which is a concept of which we have no understanding.

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

POTW -3-Jan-2018

Postby Matt. K on Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:17 pm

What a great shot is this one! You could sell posters of this to the tourists and make a killing. Great work again Gerry. Beautiful image, immaculate technique, and....seriously.....it even looks great in black and white.

Regards

Matt. K
Matt. K
Former Outstanding Member Of The Year and KM

Re: POTW -3-Jan-2018

Postby bigsarg7 on Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:49 pm

Very well deserved, I also loved his panoramic shot. (Last image on his post). It too was stunning and sellable to any Sydney loving person!
2 x Fuji xt1,vg-xt1 grip, Fujinon xf 18-55mm 2.8-4, Fujinon xf 14mm, Fujinon 56mm 1.2.
bigsarg7

Postby ozimax on Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:11 am

bigsarg7 wrote:Very well deserved, I also loved his panoramic shot. (Last image on his post). It too was stunning and sellable to any Sydney loving person!

If I had the room I too would buy a large print. Superb.
President, A.A.A.A.A (Australian Association Against Acronym Abuse)
Canon EOS R6, RF 24-105 F4, RF 70-200 F4, RF 35mm F1.8, RF 16mm F2.8
"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." (John 8:32)
ozimax

Postby biggerry on Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:30 pm

Matt. K wrote:What a great shot is this one! You could sell posters of this to the tourists and make a killing. Great work again Gerry. Beautiful image, immaculate technique, and....seriously.....it even looks great in black and white.

thanks Matt, I'm gonna send this one to someone this year to con them into letting me into better location for the 2019 fireworks :)

ozimax wrote:If I had the room I too would buy a large print. Superb.

bigsarg7 wrote:Very well deserved, I also loved his panoramic shot. (Last image on his post). It too was stunning and sellable to any Sydney loving person!

i have no time to orgainse selling prints etc :( i struggle with wrangling these crazy chops..

Image(C) 2017 Gerard Blacklock, all rights reserved by Gerard Blacklock, on Flickr
gerry's photography journey
No amount of processing will fix bad composition - trust me i have tried.
biggerry

Postby zafra52 on Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:06 am

Congratulations on a great shot, and Happy New Year!
zafra52

Return to Picture of the Week