What is the diffrence between AI, AI'd and AIS

Newer members often state that they think their question is too basic, or stupid, or whatever, to be posted. Nothing could be further further from the truth in any section at DSLRUsers.com, but especially here. Don't feel intimidated. The only stupid question is the one that remains unasked. We were all beginners at one stage, and even the most experienced amongst us will admit to learning new stuff on a daily basis. Ask away! Please also refer to the forum rules and the portal page

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

What is the diffrence between AI, AI'd and AIS

Postby ipv6ready on Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:56 am

What is the diffrence between AIAI'd and AIS when used with a modern DSLR that can meter, like D! or D2 series body?

are they all the same?

Thank you
I'm back
D3s D700 D200, SB-900, SB-800 x2, SB-600 x4
ipv6ready

Re: What is the diffrence between AI, AI'd and AIS

Postby birddog114 on Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:26 pm

ipv6ready wrote:What is the diffrence between AIAI'd and AIS when used with a modern DSLR that can meter, like D! or D2 series body?

are they all the same?

Thank you

I don't see much difference with the D2series in using those manual lenses, though the D2 series can identify the the lens which was mounted on it. I have number of AIAI-S lenses.
Birddog114
VNAF, My Beloved Country and Airspace
birddog114

Return to Absolute Beginners Questions