http://www.camera2canvasaustralia.com

Had a good experience with a trader? Please share that with us. While primarily we're interested in such things as on-line trading and off-shore purchases, anything good is more than welcome.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

http://www.camera2canvasaustralia.com

Postby surenj on Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:08 am

I got a Group-on coupon recently from this mob for 3x 40x50cm Canvas prints for $100 delivered. I took delivery after about 4 weeks of the order. The quality seems to be quite good with neat stretching and wood. The canvas is thick. I printed very high key BW prints so it would have been very profitable for them.

I found it interesting that this shipped from China!

In any case, I don't have any comparisons but, they seem like a reasonable mob. When I spoke to them on the phone, they were very helpful with the order process.

EDIT: I think they may have a mild tint rather than pure BW!! :roll:

If you have any experience with them, I'd like to know what you thought.

http://www.camera2canvasaustralia.com wrote:Frequently Asked Questions

What is the process ?

First thing we do is to print your image onto professional high quality 380gsm polycanvas using the very latest Epson Stylus Pro 9900 digital printer with the ability to deliver the highest quality images by means of the newly developed 10-colour Epson UltraChrome HDR Ink Technology. Then we spray seal with a UV laminate for added protection and ease of care. When printed we stretch mount the canvas onto a quality deep box stretcher bar frame, tape seal and provide plated D Rings and stainless steel plastic coated cable, ready to hang. Sides of the canvas are mirrored in the printing process to exclude the need for cropping of your original image. Perfect.

What sort of images can I use ?

We only support the uploading of JPG image files. Digital cameras will provide JPG files. If you are not sure of the format of your image please check with your local printer or photolab.

What size image do I need to upload ?

The site will warn you if your image is too low in resolution. We suggest minimum file sizes based on megapixels. Most cameras are 3 megapixels and above. Our smallest canvas requires an image of at least 2 megapixels with the largest requiring 5 megapixels or more. In reality the larger the megapixels the better. When taking your photos use the highest resolution as possible.

Do I have a colour choice ?

If your image is in colour you can select original, sepia or black and white. If your image is in black and white it cannot be changed and you should select the original setting. A full mirror image is applied to the sides of your canvas thereby eliminating the need for cropping of your photo.

What is the life expectancy of my canvas print ?

Because of the quality of the materials we use, especially the Ultra Chrome HDR inks, you can expect your canvas to retain its vibrant colours for in excess of 75 years.

What can I expect the quality of print to be ?

Canvas is a natural product and there may be some minor irregularities in the surface as a result. This is part of the uniqueness of canvas. The quality of your uploaded image is the most important factor in the finished look. If you upload a poor image then your canvas will reflect this. Computer monitors always display images with more vibrancy than any printed products.
surenj

Re: http://www.camera2canvasaustralia.com

Postby Matt. K on Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:11 pm

Suren
That mild tint is most likely the light source you are viewing the prints with. Could you please take a print outside into daylight and let the forum know if the tint disappears or gets worse? Merci!
Regards

Matt. K
Matt. K
Former Outstanding Member Of The Year and KM

Return to Trader Opinions