My Pro for a day

Got a thin skin? Then look elsewhere. Post a link to an image that you've made, and invite others to offer their critiques. Honesty is encouraged, but please be positive in your constructive criticism. Flaming and just plain nastiness will not be tolerated. Please note that this is not an area for you to showcase your images, nor is this a place for you to show-off where you have been. This is an area for you to post images so that you may share with us a technique that you have mastered, or are trying to master. Typically, no more than about four images should be posted in any one post or thread, and the maximum size of any side of any image should not exceed 950 px.

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please note that image critiquing is a matter of give and take: if you post images for critique, and you then expect to receive criticism, then it is also reasonable, fair and appropriate that, in return, you post your critique of the images of other members here as a matter of courtesy. So please do offer your critique of the images of others; your opinion is important, and will help everyone here enjoy their visit to far greater extent.

Also please note that, unless you state something to the contrary, other members might attempt to repost your image with their own post processing applied. We see this as an acceptable form of critique, but should you prefer that others not modify your work, this is perfectly ok, and you should state this, either within your post, or within your signature.

Images posted here should conform with the general forum guidelines. Image sizes should not exceed 950 pixels along the largest side (height or width) and typically no more than four images per post or thread.

Please also ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

My Pro for a day

Postby Willy wombat on Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:42 pm

I left early but it was a very awesome day. I would definetely be keen to do this again. I learnt heaps.

Thanks to Bruce, Wayne, Anthony and Dave for their help. Thanks also to Bruce for organising it all. :cheers:

Fruity

Mel - industrial

Mel - black dress and red lips

Steve (Nikon D200/D700)
My photography website http://wwphoto.redbubble.com/
My photo blog http://www.redbubble.com/people/wwphoto
Please feel free to offer any constructive criticism on my works
Willy wombat

Re: My Pro for a day

Postby simonrenton on Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:50 pm

Nice stuff Steve. With the shots of dark-haired Mel with the chair, did you crop in for these shots in PP or did you take the shot that way originally? I was thinking the chair was a great feature of the shot and would have liked to see the composition include it fully in frame. Just my thinking...
Simon R
Nikon D300, 70-200mm 2.8 VR, 17-55mm 2.8, 50mm 1.4
My Flickr Page
simonrenton

Postby Willy wombat on Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:56 pm

I was too lazy to take off my 105 from the macro (strawberry) shoot so thery are all taken with the Nikkor 105VR f2.8.

All the model shots are all uncropped.
Steve (Nikon D200/D700)
Willy wombat

Postby Jonesy on Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:30 pm

I remeber seeing you sneak away with some fruit at lunch time... now it all makes sense. And sorry Dave I didn't get back to you setup.
D4, D700, plus glass from 14mm to 200mm
Gaffa Tape is like the FORCE... it has a Light side, a Dark side and it holds the universe together
Jonesy

Postby Willy wombat on Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:39 pm

With so many gorgeous women wandering the halls the pull of fruit and a light tent was weak.

I do a bit of this macro work though so it was good to get to pick Dave's brain. Plus that industrial shoot was blocking the entry to Dave's studio, so getting past that was a challenge in itself. :wink:
Steve (Nikon D200/D700)
Willy wombat

Postby Louie on Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:08 pm

Dave enjoyed eating the fruit - might be why there are limited pics of it :wink:

Your pics are great, checked out your stuff on redbubble too - nice stuff.
I reckon us Melbournites are going to have to make a big effort this year to get together and have more shoots, Saturday was a really good day!

Cheers,
Elena
Louie

Postby curilin on Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:21 pm

Hi,

Loved all the pictures, it's great, very nice, especially the strawberry... :up:
Everybody enjoy the day so much and get great pictures, hopefully there is another one coming up soon...

thanks
sintia :)
curilin

Postby Oz_Beachside on Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:25 pm

nice shots!

can you amend some? take the ones of mel in the black dress, and cool the WB about 300-400 degrees, perhaps set levels white point to a spot on the background, get that background from brown, back to popping white...

cant tell you how much I wish I made it into studio 4 for that strawberry shot!
Oz_Beachside

Postby whitey on Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:04 am

Wow. All the shots are great but the strawberry grabs me. It just looks perfect.

One of those shots that make you want to go buy a macro lens
D80, 50mm F/1.8, 18-70mm DX, Sigma 10-20mm
whitey

Return to Image Reviews and Critiques