Finding Autumn colours Today

For the sombrero wearing DSLR users

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Finding Autumn colours Today

Postby PossumCorner on Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:43 am

Does anyone know a good foolproof spot where some shots could be taken today of some Autumn colour - oaks maples birches all or any. Preferable Eastern suburbs, far-east okay. I know there are plenty dotted around, just thought someone might know of a spot that is just-right, just-now.
PossumCorner

Postby big pix on Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:53 am

try Centennial Park, hyde park in the city and I am sure there are other areas........ happy shooting
Cheers ....bp....
Difference between a good street photographer and a great street photographer....
Removing objects that do not belong...
happy for the comments, but
.....Please DO NOT edit my image.....
http://bigpix.smugmug.com Forever changing
big pix

Postby MHD on Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:59 am

Canberra :p
New page
http://www.potofgrass.com
Portfolio...
http://images.potofgrass.com
Comments and money always welcome
MHD

Postby PossumCorner on Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:53 am

Ummmm - thanks both of you and welcome to Melbourne. But no thanks. Not with the price of fuel.
PossumCorner

Postby big pix on Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:58 am

opps :oops: :oops: :oops: just noticed where you are....... sorry
Cheers ....bp....
Difference between a good street photographer and a great street photographer....
Removing objects that do not belong...
happy for the comments, but
.....Please DO NOT edit my image.....
http://bigpix.smugmug.com Forever changing
big pix

Re: Finding Autumn colours Today

Postby LOZ on Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:23 am

PossumCorner wrote:Does anyone know a good foolproof spot where some shots could be taken today of some Autumn colour - oaks maples birches all or any. Preferable Eastern suburbs, far-east okay. I know there are plenty dotted around, just thought someone might know of a spot that is just-right, just-now.

When ever I'm in Melbourne around this time of the year the first place that I head for on the weekend is the Dandenong Ranges .Their would have to be some of Australia’s best open gardens in the Dandenongs .Sorry but I can't believe that you don't know what the Dandenongs have to offer . Quote from Visit Vic The Yarra Valley and Dandenong Ranges are home to some of Melbourne’s greatest gardens. One of the most impressive floral creations, The National Rhododendron Gardens near Olinda is host to 15,000 rhododendrons, 12,000 azaleas, 250,000 daffodils, native birds, and has panoramic views of the Yarra Valley and distant ranges.
The woodlands of the RJ Hamer Arboretum offer a shady respite on hot summer days and a beautiful vista of the Warburton Ranges. In autumn, the Alfred Nicholas Gardens are ablaze with burnished hues, as the deciduous trees dotted around the ornamental lake and feature waterfalls turn with the seasons. William Ricketts Sanctuary is a place of natural beauty and tranquillity with kiln-fired clay sculptures half hidden among the rock, ferns and mountain ash trees.
There are also a number of other beautiful gardens dotted throughout the region.
LOZ
LOZ

Re: Finding Autumn colours Today

Postby PossumCorner on Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:12 pm

LOZ wrote:I can't believe that you don't know The National Rhododendron Gardens ... the Arboretum ... the Nicholas Gardens ...William Ricketts Sanctuary .....
LOZ

Loz thanks for the travelogue and statistics - yes I do live here in the Dandenongs. What you mightn't realise is that these local spots are managed by National Parks and commercial photography is not welcomed. I was just after a couple of shots as background for an ordered poster-size montage. And to fit it between other stuff I was doing today, not to make a special trip of it. Just thought a local might come up with something handy and yes there is a spot along Mt Dandenong Rd with some good Claret Ash and Weeping Elm with the right light. So I stopped by there, and did not need to get written permission as a "Model Release", nor be told the lens/tripod were not welcome. I should have spelled out what I was specifically after just a bit clearer - and thanks again for the interstate responses.
PossumCorner

Postby stormygirl on Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:11 pm

If I'm not too late in my response, have you thought about Marysville or even Macedon (even though there is a little travelling...)?
stormygirl

Return to Melbourne