Osaka Twilight Festival - Melbourne

For the sombrero wearing DSLR users

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Osaka Twilight Festival - Melbourne

Postby Alex on Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:59 am

I cannot confirm this as I cannot find any other source of reference for this, but here is something I was told about that will be happening tonight in Melbourne. I think I will be coming along. Sorry for the short notice, just found out this morning myself.

Alex

EDIT: found some reference to it: http://melbourne.citysearch.com.au/profile?id=58204

---------

Melbourne - Osaka Sister City Celebration
Date: Sunday 19 February
Time: 4pm - 8pm
Venue: Treasury Gardens
Melway ref: 2G A3

Immerse yourself in the atmosphere of a traditional Japanese "Natsu Matsuri" (summer festival). Participate in the bon-odori dance and tea ceremonies. Bring along your summer kimonos for the yukata competition. In between enjoy origami & goh demonstrations, Japanese music (shakuhachi & taiko drums) and, of course, Japanese cuisine including Osaka specialities, takoyaki (octopus dumplings) & okonomiyaki (pancakes).

This year's Osaka Twilight Festival has special significance as 2006 has been designated as the Australia- Japan Year of Exchange.
Alex

Return to Melbourne