Road trip advice.

Let's generate some ideas for places to meet and things to shoot.

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Road trip advice.

Postby norbs on Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:24 pm

Gday all,

In a bit over a month, I will be having about 10 days off to do a bit of a road trip. Mainly to have a holiday, but also to take photos.

I will be driving to Melbourne, from Sydney on the Hume on the way down, and via the coast road on the trip home.

As it stands now.

Sydney
Canberra
Albury
Melbourne (2 nights)
Lakes Entrance
Eden
Batemans Bay
Jervis Bay
Sydney

Any spots you have been to or have seen pics of would be greatly appreciated.
norbs

Postby daniel_r on Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:03 pm

Hi,

If you're in Canberra during the weekend or any night, and if you're interested in going out for a shoot, drop me a PM or start a thread in the Canberra section. Depending on availability, one or more of us are likely to join up with you.

For a couple of ideas, I have a couple of Canberra albums in my flickr account (see link in sig). Recommended locations would be Nat Library, Nat Museum, Anzac Parade (by night is great), Aust. War Memorial, the Lake, old + new Parliament House.

In the Jervis Bay area, I'd recommend Huskisson (there's a good little cafés along the main street), and Booderee National Park for some great photo ops.

In Ulladulla, grab some Fish and Chips for lunch and head down to the beach.

Futher south, Tilba Tilba, Eden and Narooma provide some good coastal town photo ops as well.
D.
Daniel_R's Flickr gallery
I shoot with Nikon stuff.
daniel_r

Postby norbs on Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:31 pm

OK, thanks Daniel.

Would love to meet a few people and take some snaps.
norbs

Postby shakey on Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:16 pm

I live on the far south coast. What sort of photos do you want to take?. If you like seascapes Tathra and Bermagui are great. "Quaint" villages are Tilba Tilba, Cobargo and Mogo. There is a zoo at Mogo if you want to take photos of white lions (not kidding !!)

http://www.mogozoo.com.au/pages/page2.asp

and other animals. (Hope I got this square bracket thinngy worked out)

If you want to take photos of fishing vessels at work then Eden and Bermagui are top spots. OK I won't mention Merimbula, Dalmeny, Montague Island, Wallaga Lake, Mumbulla, Brogo for other great oppotunities. How many weeks do you want to spend coming back.. :o
shakey

Postby norbs on Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:37 pm

Shakey, thanks for that. I love it down there and cant wait to get there. Seems like I will be busy though.
norbs

Return to Shooting and meeting ideas