Printing Labs - Logan Central Area'ish

Items of local interest for those in Brisbane, the Gold Coast and the Sunshine Coast, plus those lost souls on the NSW North Coast.

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Printing Labs - Logan Central Area'ish

Postby sunnylass on Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:21 am

I am booked for a 2 day event this weekend and have decided I need to organise some good quality prints to be able to show people on the day. My HP printer does an ok job, but I think its time I got some really good prints for my portfolio.

Can anyone suggest somewhere reputable to go? Not an online site as I need the results back this week and I kind of like dealing face to face.
sunnylass

Postby TonyH on Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:32 am

Depending on the size you need, try the photo booth at Big W Kuraby.

These people know nothing about their system, as a result they change the chemical exactly as required, are too afraid to tweek the manufacturers settings and produce good quality prints quickly.

A word of warning though as with all of these places they do not do any colour correction so it may be prudent to do a sample run in the next day or so to see if it suits you.

If you're looking for larger prints I work in conjunction with a couple of friends, one for paper off a Epson and the other for canvas off a soljet. Both have great results.
All I know, is that I don't know enough.....
TonyH

Postby sunnylass on Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:40 am

Thank you for that Tony, Kuraby is not far from me.

And I'm interested in finding out more from you about the paper and canvas printing you've mentioned.
sunnylass

Postby Underload on Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:45 am

I was looking at some prints yesterday, done by RGB digital (Woolloongabba) that looked very good. Also, I have had Digilab (Windsor) recommended to me, but haven't had a chance to use them yet. By all accounts, both places do very good work though.
D200 + stuff
Underload

Postby TonyH on Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:45 am

Sure... if you want some info just let me know when you have the time.
All I know, is that I don't know enough.....
TonyH

Postby Bindii on Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:06 pm

Pro lab at southbank is brilliant.. they charge a little more but their prices are still reasonable... if your looking for prints for your portfolio I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them...

if your not too fussy and on a budget get yourself down to Harvey Norman at Loganholme.. not the one at Browns plains as they do a shocking job.. but the Loganholme store does a good job and they are dead cheap too..:)
The last thing I want to do is hurt you... but it's still on the list... ;)
Bindii

Postby sunnylass on Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:09 pm

Thank you for that Bindii, I'll keep it in mind too.
sunnylass

Return to Brisbane/Gold Coast/SSC and NSW North Coast